Ali Antar, the revolutionary before the revolution


In one of the caves at the foot of a small village in Al-Dhalea Governorate, called Al-Khuraiba, Fatima took refuge to give birth to her son, Ali, in the spring of 1937 AD. After that, he became a heroic name that is not mentioned in the glorious October except that he had a share in it.

This boy who was born black was not the son of a father named “Antar” as it might seem to some, but “Antar” was a nickname given to him for his strong courage and courage in fighting the British occupier.

“Ali Antar” received the principles of reading and writing in the writers of his village, then he left for Kuwait in search of a livelihood.. He worked there, and joined the Arab Nationalist Movement, and in 1960, he returned to his country; He participated in the establishment of the Arab Nationalist Movement in Al-Dhalea Governorate, and became the first responsible for it.

When the revolution of the 26th of September 1962 erupted in the north of the country and the counter-attacks intensified in a desperate attempt to nip the nascent revolution in its bud, the urgent need to contribute to the defense of the revolution in front of Antar and his comrades emerged as the most important and noble task of struggle on the shoulders of honorable militants, and in the face of these new developments. Under the chairmanship of Antar, the most prominent leaders of the Arab Nationalist Movement in Al-Dhalea held their meeting at the home of the martyr fighter (Ali Sha’i Hadi), where a plan was discussed in the meeting to contribute directly to the defense of the September 26 revolution with all available capabilities and in various ways, and also discussed the possibility of the revolution in the south after To provide him with the most important objective circumstance for that. After the meeting, a large number of fedayeen moved with their brothers from the south to defend the young republic.

He was influenced by the fighter martyr (Musa’id Ali), the leader of the intifada in 56 AD against British colonialism, and he was the youngest member of the fighting groups, but he was the most enthusiastic, courageous and intelligent of them. The availability of weapons, which prompted him to carry a heavy stick, and headed towards the battlefield that took place in the village of (Al Jalila) and the village of (Naima). A British patrol in the Al-Dhalea area, and the clashes continued for four consecutive days, after which the resistance withdrew due to the lack of equality, but (Antar) remained in place. I have not cured my boil, and this is the first time that my hope, which I have longed for, to have a gun to fight colonialism and its agents, will be fulfilled.

But Antar’s wish to own a gun expanded after that to the extent that he looks at his first child, “Jihad” and addresses him, saying: (How beautiful you are, Jihad, your height has become as long as the shell, oh, I wish you were the balancid’s shell for the sake of throwing it at the Prince’s Palace)

After this battle, the men of the uprising were forced to leave for the city of (Qataba), which they made a launching pad for their military operations against the colonialists and their agents. Once, Ali Antar, at the head of a commando squad, attacked the British political officer’s position in the area (Al-Safra) during which he showed rare courage, as he insisted on Firing on the site from close proximity, and he and his comrades were able to hit a number of colonists and then successfully withdrew. At that time, the martyr (Rajah Labouza) said proudly: (If we had a hundred like “Ali Antar” we would have destroyed all Britain’s camps).

After the commando groups completed their training in (Taiz), preparations began to return to detonate the Al-Dhalea front, and with the beginning of the first minutes of the second hour after midnight and the morning of July 24, 1964 AD, the first shots were fired for the first attack on the British camp and the headquarters of the political officer in Al-Dhalea, and the bombing of the British forces supply station With water, the announcement of the opening of the second front after the Radfan front, inaugurated a new phase of organized guerrilla warfare, which knows no stopping, calm, or mercy, and does not know the limits of time and place, nor the methods and methods.

On the morning of June 22, 1967, Al-Dhalea witnessed the largest and most violent mass march, and from aboard a British tank, Antar was addressing the masses: for freedom and independence).

In September, the march of movement towards (Aden) began across several fronts, as it reached (Al-Buraiqah) in November to celebrate with the whole people the Independence Day on November 30, 1967 AD.

Ali Antar was among those who died in the bloody conflict in the events of January 13, 1986 AD.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *